Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Student Orientation

Today marks the beginning of my academic career at ATS with none other than New Student Orientation. Last night Garrett and I went to the Spouse and Family Ministries Orientation to enjoy a little Thoroughbred Pie (they would neither confirm or deny if it contained bourbon), Ale 8, and to meet other new couples.

I got to meet a few of my newfound Twitter-mates including @mahfrot (who didn't refollow me because he thought I was a wierd Twitter stalker) and @ecrisprun. Twitter has been a great way for me to get connected before getting connected. It creates a "town square" kind of relationship with a person so when you meet them you have a basic relationship to build on. It also is an easy converstation starter & great way to stay connected.

I'm excited to meet more new students today & hear from Dr. Tennent and other leaders at ATS. Can I be honest though? Those things are great, but what really excites me is free childcare and free food!!

No comments:

Post a Comment