Thursday, September 3, 2009

Day 1 ATS Orientation

One FULL day of orientation is behind me and I have to say I am really going to love 1.) being back in an academic environment and 2.) being at ATS. The spirit of God and community is so real, so fresh.

Dr. Tim Tennent spoke in the opening chapel this morning about exactly what I posted about last week - the weak "heart only" faith, one that is not backed up by true knowledge. He used a great metaphor - saying we can't even have a good balance of heart and head, but a marriage of the two. Amazing!

Again, it was great to meet even more of my Twitter-pals and other new students. I have enjoyed hearing their stories, including Paul's - who left his family in Kenya to follow God's calling. He has been an encouragement and great challenge to my faith!

I'm still very apprehensive about how all this will work out - balancing wife, mom, Christ Follower, student, and on and on and on... But I know this is where I need to be. This is the season God has placed me in to love on me and prepare me for service. I have so far to go, but such great joy as well.

Oh, and on an exciting side note - Garrett mentioned that he would not be opposed to me signing up for the 3 week summer intensive in Jerusalem next summer. Three weeks walking where Jesus & Paul & the Kings of Israel walked ... I can't contain myself! But first, I must start with prayer, so pray from me that I will hear from God. Where he goes, I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment