Monday, August 17, 2009

St. Applebee's

I was pretty disappointed last week when I saw my schedule at Applebee's. As a previous server while earning my undergrad, it was the quickest way for me to start making more than minimum wage her in Kentucky. I've had to work nights since Garrett went back to work and this last week it meant Wednesday & Saturday nights plus a Sunday morning shift.

I was devistated. Not because I think I'll go to hell for missing church, but because I was going to miss out! Garrett and the kids even got a double dose of worship this weekend and I was off to worship once again at St. Applebee's.

That was the spirit I walked into work with on Sunday - expecting the usual Sunday crowd. (as a side note people after church generally don't treat their servers like Jesus would - sorry, it's just the truth)

I was shocked to find Jesus moving among our guest! To the guest that gave my co-worker a $47 tip - THANK YOU!! She's going back to church next week - for the first time in a long time! And to the family that paid for my table's meal - I think I was just as blessed as they were! I was so surprised to find Jesus show up in such a tangible way that I just stood in awe!

God you are so amazing! Thank you for meeting me where I am - even if it's not exactly where tradition tells me I should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment