Friday, August 14, 2009

How my Journey Began

Life never seems to go as planned. Here I am living in Kentucky, renting again (with a house still for sale in IL, serving at Applebee's (again), and back to being a stay-at-home mom (argh). What would possess me to leave a job I loved and uproot my family?

I blame my husband!

Over late-night coffee Easter weekend he pointed out that the only place I belong is in academics. I've always knew I wanted to teach at the college level, there was just never a topic I loved enough to dedicate my life to and life was too hectic with our 4 kids and my full time job to pursue any adjunct work.

That conversation (plus an amazing session with Ravi Zacharias at Catalyst West) persuaded my to dedicate the rest of my life to preparing young men and women to understand and defend their faith. What that looks like? God hasn't revealed that yet. He's just pointed me to Asbury Theological Seminary and said "Go!"

I've created this blog to record and sort through my thoughts on this journey. So, for the record, I'm a little anxious and 100% unsure about all of this. But at the same time I couldn't be more excited!!

1 comment: